Friday, January 16, 2009

Across the Pond - Janaury 13/14th News and Reviews

Tuesday/Wednesday January 13/14th

Back to normal, back to work. As always after you have been off a few days the first part of your first day back is catching up on emails, and what has been going on. When is comes to my book “Across the Pond” by Storyheart, I have just about been able to keep on top of the home work and requests.

While I have been away back across the pond, several books have been sent out for blog reviewers from Canada to Australia. This along with completing the “blog questions” means that I’ve no catching up now I’m back except clarifying a couple more radio show bookings.

On the Wednesday I received another blog questionnaire, though this time it was not the normal “What is it about”, “why did you write it” sort of stuff, this time it was a format I really had a good time with.

The document I received from asthepagesturn.wordpress.com was the most fun I’ve had doing all the interviews and reviews, mainly as the questions were far from the normal ones.

Example:

If Tom Hanks, in the movie Cast Away, unearthed a copy of Across the Pond, how would that help Tom find a way off the island?

Hulk Hogan, the famous wrestler and star of his own reality show, has invited you and your book to appear on his show. One catch. You have to read a passage out of it to convince him you are star material. What part would you read?

My favorite one and I will share my answer with you was.

President Barack Obama has become the author of several books and he has requested your presence at a special hush hush meeting to discuss ways to promote it. Through luck of the draw, you were chosen. What would be the first thing you would tell Barack?

Answer: Invite Oprah the White House.

So that’s another couple of days done, contacted a few people re reviews and have my next radio program set for Thursday at 8:15pm

The book “across the Pond” by me Storyheart is going well, and you can even meet a couple of the characters at http://across-t-pond.com

Storyheart

No comments:

Post a Comment