Friday, August 21, 2009

A Book and a Chat with "The Story Siren"

Sometimes a show is so special that you have make it stand out above other shows, change your night extend the length of your show, whatever it takes. Tonight was one of those special shows.

A Book and a Chat with "The Story Siren"

Kristi alias "The Story Siren" has one of the leading lights in the YA blogging community, with almost 200,000 Visitors in under 2 years, number 6 in the top book sites, followed by over 800 on twitter, the plaudits just go on and on. The Story Siren blog has been nominated for TEN different categories in the BBAW awards.

Listen to this special radio program about a special blogger, with interaction from other guests and chat room folk

Stop what your doing and share this forty five minute fascinating incite into the world of YA blogging.

Listen at

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Across-the-Pond/2009/08/21/A-BOOK-AND-A-CHAT-with-The-Story-Siren

or on my blog at

http://acrossthepond-storyheart.blogspot.com

"The Story Siren" did a great recap of the show...(in her words) which I'll share so it gives you an idea of how it went.

The Story Sirens Recap:

* Well there was an introduction! ha!
* We talked about how books can help with things like: self esteem for example
* That I was an "invisible" person in high school, I related to The Opposite of Invisible by Liz Gallagher.
* I showed up for my first swim practice in a two piece.
* Books are an escape!
* Xander is my Rotten-weiler. Everyone loves him, especially Cat.
* I've gotten to meet other bloggers. I mentioned Chelsea of the Page Flipper and Lauren of Shooting Stars Mag. I'm amazed that you can have real friendships that develop online!
* Why I like reading YA: relate to the characters and Fantastic Writers! They are the complete package!
* Vlogs
* That I can't help buying books! Even if I already have them.
* My Favorite books from this year: well the ones I remembered to mention: Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert, Willow by Julia Hoban, and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
* The YA Connection, that is in retirement at the moment.
* The genre that I wish I could read more of: fantasy! Diana Peterfreund author of Rampant asked this one!
* Cindy of Cindy's Love of Books stopped by
* Cindy asked what was the one thing about blogging that surprised me the most? That authors are accessible! You can talk to them and everything, that's just crazy!
* Cindy's favorite book she mention was Willow by Julia Hoban. Lots of Willow talk.
* We couldn't pick a favorite author!
* Also, thanks to Adele of Persnickety Snark, I remembered I loved Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols.
* Book Blogger Appreciation Week, started by My Friend Amy. And my 10 nominations!
* Vania of Reverie Book Reviews stopped by.
* V asked what's one of the hardest thing about bloggin? My reviews! I stink at writing them!
* Steph asked what books I read and loved as a teen? I read James Patterson and Micheal Crichton, loved the Jurassic Park books. I didn't read teen books, there weren't really any. Loved Goosebumps and Babysitters Club when I was younger.
* Talked about the fact that you can read YA at any age, and the recent negative email and comments that were made on the blog.
* Diana from The Book Resort called in.
* Diana asked where do I see YA trending? We need a new "vampire" I'm predicting unicorns, zombies, faeries and angels!
* Khy from Frenetic Reader stopped by too!
* Khy asked what books have gotten overlooked? I mentioned The Dairy Queen series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock.
* Team Unicorn!
* Plus a few other things that I might have mentioned!

Thanks for such a great run down Kristi



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

No comments:

Post a Comment