Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Interviews, Reviews and Tuesdays Weird News


Tuesdays blog is normally the time I get to update people about up and coming radio show guests, some of the latest interviews and reviews and some weird news from Across the Pond.

INTERVIEWS:

Wednesday May 13th 6:30pm EST
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Across-the-Pond
I have TIM KELLIS who takes on what could be considered society’s biggest problem today, divorce, in his book "Equality - The Quest for a Happy Marriage"

Saturday May 16th 11:00am EST
Greenbeanteenqueen Teen and Tween Librarian, recently married and blogger extra-ordinare is my guest for what should be a fun show.

Wednesday May 20th 6:30pm EST
Louise Shaffer actress (best known for playing Rae Woodard in Ryans Hope), script writer, and author of several books including the Three Miss Margarets will be my guest to talk about her new book Serendipity.

I myself am a guest on Before Bedtime on Sunday at 11:30pm

REVIEWS:

I have received a couple of interviews this week both of which were kindly given a 5 star rating at Amazon, and are the type of feedback that keep authors going.

"This was a great book! It's a fast, entertaining read that is great for both kids and adults alike! I especially liked all the comparisons between England and America and seeing all of the language differences. This had a bit of everything-humor, romance, excitement and brings you back to your teenage years. Looking forward to the next one!"

First, I purchased this book because I know the author through a mutual aquaintance. Second, I became interested in the story upon reading the reviews. So, I purchased the book last week and received it today. I have already finished it. From the first page, I could not put it down. It is meant for tweens/teens/young adults, but I'm in my mid-20's and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. It reminded me of my early teen years when I had an obsesssion with everything UK (LOL), but also of my own experiences as a teen. I would/will recommend this love story to everyone I know, young and old, as it either makes you swoon over the deep budding love or takes you back to your years as a teen. I very highly recommend this book to anyone, no matter the age. (Note to the author: Thank you Storyheart for a wonderful read. I can not wait for the story of Fred and Brit to continue. Please, please, please continue their story, and soon.)

WEIRD NEWS:

Afghanistan's only known pig is quarantined

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8038368.stm

American tourist returns chip from Colosseum in Rome 25 years ago later.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8037921.stm

Belgium city to go vegetarian one day a week.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8046970.stm



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great line up, Barry! I LOVE the name Greenbeanteenqueen Teen and Tween Librarian! How fun is that?!?

    ReplyDelete