Friday, July 17, 2009

Radio Guest Show Trials




THE MANY SIDES OT BARRY EVA (STORYHEART)


Some of the issues one comes up against in doing blog radio programs happened to me yesterday. I don't normally do a show on a Thursday night, however owing to being part of a panel at a writers group meeting on Saturday I had booked an author for last night. The show as normal for my mid-week show was due to start at 6:30pm EST.
Just before 6pm I was checking my guest blog and web site to glean some useful information to use for chatting, when I noticed they had posted that the show was at 6:30 CST not EST. I contacted the agent of the author, and received confirmation that the guest now knew it was 6:30EST. This fact was confirmed by an update on the authors site.

Show time came and not sign of my guest, they had written about always being late for events, so I started the show and chatted about the guest. Five minutes went by still no sign. So as in past "no show" shows I carried on talking about various issues for the remaining thirty minutes.

I had a weird feeling that despite correcting the blog and the time, that my guest would still show up at 7:30 my time. So I opened a small 5min show and low and behold turn up they did.

Needles to say I have since received an apology for what the author sates her "blond" moment. Believe me it actually worse than that. When I cam to check out my thirty minute solo show I found that one of the kids gad used or played with my headphones and turned of the microphone, so I had thirty minutes of dead air. Which needless to say has since been deleted.

Just a little issue one sometimes has with radio shows.


Thank you
Barry (Storyheart)




Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

No comments:

Post a Comment