Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rock and Roll is hear to stay!



Tonight I rolled back the clock, and lived again in my twenties.

I went and watched Sha Na Na in concert.

If Woodstock was 1969 it must have been early to mid seventies they first came over to England, and through the next few years I must have seen them 4 or 5 times.
Three of the original people are still in the group, Donny, Jacko and Screaming Scott Simon. (Did you know he wrote the song Sandy in Greace the film/musical?)

Bowzer has his own group in case your wondering.

The theater was about 70mins drive away the longest I've driven since my back Op and I will be feeling it in the morning. But for tonight I am flying on the atmosphere...nothing else it wasn't Woodstock all over again.

The place held about 500 I guess and was fairly full, I got a seat in the third row! The opening act twas the Sentinels a great Doowop group. Then we all started rocking. I even went up on the stage to do the hand jive with them when they sang Willie and the hand jive. So tonight I feel twenty again, in the morning it will be more like eighty, but it was worth every ache and pain.

Rock and Roll is hear to stay!

Storyheart

2 comments:

  1. Our PBS station (and perhaps all of them) often has a series of the old groups singing. We enjoy listening to them. I bet the Sha Na Na concert was great!

    Helen
    http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete