Monday, August 10, 2009

Interview with "Girl With Braids" - Reading to Myself Blog Spot



As anybody who has read me reviews interviews or heard my comments on either my own radio program or where I have been a guest, you will know I am a great believer in what I call the "Small Blogger". These are the people who read, write and live books are "The 'Sham Wow' of Teen/YA literature", soaking up everything they can read. Today's guest is fairly new to blogging, and this interview I hope will encourage her and show others how much bloggers are appreciated by authors such as myself.

NAME: GirlwiththeBraids
BLOG NAME: Reading to Myself
BLOG ADDRESS: www.readingtomyself.blogspot.com

How long have you been blogging?

I created Reading to Myself in December of 2008, when my mom said I was old enough to keep a blog. My older sister, The Bookworm of Au Courant, inspired me to keep one because she made it look so cool and fun!

What books do you read?

I like to children, middle grade, and young adult genres. Sometimes fantasy, sometimes historical fiction, and others general fiction. I just like books! Occasionally, I will pick up an adult book but only if it has an interesting plot that I can understand and no sexual content.

What is your favorite book and author of 2009?

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink! It has the best writing ever and just came out on the 1st of this month. So go out and buy it! It’s definitely worth it.

What’s your favorite author/book of all time?

The Holy Bible. But in fiction, it’d have to be all the future books running through my head. I don’t know when they will be on paper, but they are my favorite to think about.

How many books do you have in your library?

Hang on a sec, I’ll go check- 112. I’m constantly receiving more books though and trading my least favorite ones on PaperbackSwap.

How many books do you read in a week?

On an average, usually two. But of course, it depends on how long they are. (I’m saving The Book Thief for a time when reading one book in two weeks isn’t a big deal. ;) Honestly, I’m not a very fast reader.

What is your favorite blog to follow?

I can’t really pick favorites because there are a few I love to check in on regularly but one of them are EmilyRuth from Aye Captain. She was the first one other than my sister that I commented on.

What is your favorite time or location to read?

I like reading in my room in the middle of the day when nothing’s going on. I don’t have a job yet, though I already know a place I want to work when I become the legal age for it. Until then, I’m focusing on getting my book published.


If you could be a character in any book, who would it be and why?

In most books I read, my favorite character is the main one and usually the whole plot is that they are in a … bad situation (Dad dying, have to save the world of demons, etc.). So if I could be any character but not be in their situation, it’d have to be Ginny from Harry Potter (though getting married to Harry isn’t necessarily a bad thing).

Have you ever thought about or written a book yourself?

Actually, I have written a book called ‘Little Angel’ that I finished the last draft for in June. It’s in the middle grade genre and I hope to get it published by RandomHouse or Bloomsbury sometime. I’ve already sent it to the Delacorte division of RandomHouse. I’m very nervous about the notification letter. But I’m also in the process of writing another book.

If you had a chance to advertise your blog in any way you could, what would you choose and why?

I think it would be completely awesome if an email was moving around through a bunch of published authors about it. I would faint if they left a comment on it! But I’d rather advertise my sister’s blog because she updates it a lot more regularly than I do and is very passionate about it. Her reviews seem so professional and she deserves the good attention.


I can see I'm going to have to check out your sisters "awesome" blog

If you had the chance to interview any author, who would it be and why?

Even though she’s …*whispers* … dead, I’d want to interview Laura Ingalls Wilder. The big thing I’d like to tell her, is that someone made a hit TV show based on her life.

If you had a chance, what period of history would you live in?

I don’t think I’d be able to survive living in any time except this one. A huge reason is that I have arachnophobia. (Don’t know how I’d deal without modern buildings, toilets, showers, and all that.) But I think I could deal with living in the 1950s. Though there were a lot of issues then (What centuries don’t have them?), I love the fashion and the music.


I was there, well for most of it, and it certainly did have issues

What is one thing about you readers might not know?

I’m a Lutheran pastor’s daughter.

What is something you’d like to change about yourself if you could?

I would’ve liked to have been born a little more ambitious and not has emotional. I’m not dramatic, but I think too hard about little things.

Have you ever heard of a “Tree Kangaroo”?

I’m sorry. Pardon?

You'll have to check up online about these quute/strange creatures.

If people are interested on being a guest on your blog or sending you a book (to review), what is the best way to contact you?

You can send me an email at ReadingToMyself@yahoo.com

I look forward to talking with you (readers, authors, anybody)! : )>

Thank you for all the interesting questions. I had fun!


Thank you so much for being my guest I always want to help YA bloggers.
Good luck to your future blogs as well as your book and the one you're writing.

Don't forget I am always looking for guest for my Monday blogger interviews



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

No comments:

Post a Comment