Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Views, Reviews and Weird News



VIEWS:

"Across the Pond" my YA book had a fresh Press Release today as it moved from POD to being printed and available in Ingrams and thus book stores. As part of this a couple of companies have been sending out fresh news about my press release. The result of this is a huge influx in my mail of reviewers and bloggers asking for copies of the book to review. I know it all costs, but to me as I have stated many times a review from these bloggers. The folk you know by now I call the "SHAM WOW" of YA literature (they soak up everything) means a lot to me.

At the same time I am trying to sort out my book requirements, new book marks and cards etc for my appearance at "Sub-Fest - Groton" at the Submarine Base, New London, CT. Where I my book will be over the four days and I will be appearing, in person on JULY 4th. After all as I said when I had a choice of days, what have I got to celebrate on July 4th, it was the one battle we lost *grin*. Interesting I had to contact NCIS to be included it being a navel base, but no it wasn't Gibbs or any of his team.

WEIRD NEWS:

Right ear is 'better for hearing'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8116321.stm


Hummingbirds 'faster than jets'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8091944.stm


Zambia leader hit by 'press leak' (Monkey pee’s on President)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8117649.stm



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

No comments:

Post a Comment