Monday, June 29, 2009

An Interview with Tiqa Khairi - goodgirlsreadbooks




As anybody who has read me reviews interviews or heard my comments on either my own radio program or where I have been a guest, you will know I am a great believer in what I call the "Small Blogger". These are the people who read, write and live books are "The 'sham wow' of Teen/YA literature".

Name: Atiqah / Tiqa Khairi,

NAME OF BLOG: Good Girls Read Books,

Location of blog goodgirlsreadbooks.blogspot.com


How long have you been blogging?

I have my personal blog which has been going on for a year and my book review blog which I just started this year.


What books do you read?


I read mostly Young Adult Fiction but I like to broaden myself to other genres too.

What is your favorite book and author of 2009?


Ooh. This is a tough one. If I had to choose, I'd say Courtney Summers. She's really brave in what she writes especially considering she's a debut author.


What is your favorite author/book of all time?

Gail Carson Levine. She is most probably the only fantasy author that I love. Seriously. I'm not keen on fantasies but her works are amazing. Ella Enchanted is an all-time fav.

How many books do you have in your library?

I hate this question! I feel like such a loser because I don't have that much books. Erh, around 40-50 books, I guess? I know right! So little.

How many books do you read a week?

Well, that depends. I don't usually get to read a book a day (although I'd love to do that) so its most probably 3 books a week? Considering I do have a book that week.

Not counting yours, what is your favorite blog to follow?


I follow too many blogs its hard to list out but the one that stands out are most likely Em's Bookshelf(www.emsbookshelf.blogspot.com) She's the first blog that I really follow. The Story Siren(www.thestorysiren.com) is one hell-of-a blog and I loveee Addicted To Books (www.addictedtobooks1993.blogspot.com) Amy *thats the writer of the blog* writes great reviews, I'm always up for her opinion.


When is your favorite time/location to read?


I don't have specific time/ location. It's not like I love to read when it rains and refuses to read if its sunny or something like that. But when I read, I'd prefer peace and quiet.


If you could be a character in any book who would that be and why?


This is good! But so hard. Erm, gosh. I don't know because every character has some sort of dilemma and I can't see myself in the dilemmas they're in so I really have no idea.


Have you ever thought about or actually written a book yourself?

It has crossed my mind. I even had a lame attempt on it (and just in case you ask : No you can't read it. Its completely mortifying! ) but my mind is pretty much set on just reviewing. Words just don't love me as much as I love them! Cruel creatures!!


"Know that feeling"

If you had a chance to advertise your blog in any way you could, what would you chose and why?


Ooh. Maybe a billboard at New York City. Now wouldn't that be awesome!

If you had a chance to interview any one author who would that be and why?

I'm happy to interview any author I can. Really. Hit me up with 'em.

What is one thing about you that readers might not know?

Mmmm, I am very clueless when it comes to fashion. If you ever see me look good or mildly decent, its thanks to an hour of nagging from either my sister or my father (they don't like me to embarrass them in public)


If people are interested in being a guest on your blog or sending a book to you and your blog what is the best way to contact you?

Finally! An easy question. Only I don't think you have to think for this one since its just asking for your contact info. Anyway, you can directly email me to : the_rulez@hotmail.com (before u ask what's with the e-mail let me just say I was 11 and I had no idea what I'm doing)

I guess that wraps it up. Thanks Barry. I'm excited!!

Thank you so much for being a guest on my blog Tiqa, I hope you get lots of follow up and authros asking you for interviews and reviews.


Barry



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

1 comment:

  1. Great interview guys. Smaller blogs become bigger blogs when they host authors.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete