Monday, June 8, 2009

An Interview with Jenn from Jenn's Bookshelf


As anybody who has read me reviews interviews or heard my comments on either my own radio program or where I have been a guest, you will know I am a great believer in what I call the "Small Blogger". These are the people who read, write and live books are "The 'sham wow' of Teen/YA literature".


blog spot name
Jenn’s Bookshelf
blog address: http://jennsbookshelf.blogspot.com


How long have you been blogging?


Since March of 2008

What books do you read?

I read all types of books: mainstream fiction, young adult, thriller, horror, chick lit.

What is your favorite book and author of 2009?

So far, Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

What is your favorite author/book of all time?

I can’t pick just one book. My favorite authors are Stephen King, John Steinbeck, James Patterson, Suzanne Collins…I could go on and on!

How many books do you have in your library? 400-500

(WOW!!)

How many books do you read a week?

3-4

Not counting yours, what is your favorite blog to follow?

No More Grumpy Bookseller (http://nomoregrumpybookseller.blogspot.com/)

When is your favorite time/location to read?

Early in the morning, sitting in my reading chair, drinking a cup of coffee

If you could be a character in any book who would that be and why?

I’d love to be a character in a Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte novel. The female characters are generally very strong, independent women.

Have you ever thought about or actually written a book yourself?

Perhaps when I was young, but no, not recently

If you had a chance to advertise your blog in any way you could, what would you chose and why?

Word of mouth! I think that’s the best way to advertise.

If you had a chance to interview any one author who would that be and why?

Stephen King or James Patterson. I think they are both tremendously talented writers.

What is one thing about you that readers might not know?

I have a ten year old son with ADD who is a reluctant reader. It’s been my goal to introduce him to the amazing world of reading. He’s recently discovered a few series that he’s enjoyed, and it warms my heart to see him read for pleasure!

(That's fantastic!)

If people are interested in being a guest on your blog or sending a book to you and your blog what is the best way to contact you?

I have both a contact me and review request form on my blog. Please fill out this information to submit a review request.

Thank you so much for being my guest Jenn, keep up the great work and good luck with your blog and your son reading more.



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

No comments:

Post a Comment