Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Across the Pond – Feb 3rd Virtual Book Tour Day 2

Across the Pond – Feb 3rd Virtual Book Tour Day 2

Tuesday and the second day of my virtual book tour for me Storyheart, and my young adult romance novel Across the Pond.

The day started off with a wonderful review from Writers in the Sky which I will post on a separate blog.

Today’s Tour Stop:

Feb. 3 – Today’s Author on Blog Talk Radio (podcast) http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Circle-Of-Seven/2009/01/16/Todays-Author

Café of Dreams (book review) www.cafeofdreams.blogspot.com

The radio blog was good fun; I always enjoy chatting to people.
At Café of Dreams I received a wonderful review.

http://www.cafeofdreams.blogspot.com/

Ok, so this may be dubbed as a "young adult" romance novel, but I, at 34, gobbled it up and loved it! I simply adored the characters of 15 year old English born Fred, Brittany, the daughter of the couple he is staying with while visiting in America, as well as the couple themselves, Phil and Julie. The author did a phenomenal job of bringing each and every one to life, through descriptions, actions and dialog.

This is a delightful story of acceptance; standing up for what is right, selflessness and first love. I can honestly say that I cannot think of a single thing that I did not like about Across the Pond. As an extra added piece of fun (and education) Fred must work on a school project, while in America, listing some of the language differences he comes across in everyday conversation. I found this to be quite interesting. Though I have heard some of the terms, several were new to me and fun to learn.

Fred quickly becomes Brit's Knight, helping her work through emotions and bringing justice, for her, for a past trauma. Fred is a very kind, generous and admirable character that the reader falls in love with, from the very beginning. There is never a lull in the story and at the end, I was left wanting more! Perhaps an additional story will come about with Brit visiting Fred in England?! *hint hint, Mr Eva, lol!

Though geared toward young adult, I honestly believe this is a marvelous story for any age. It is sure to bring a smile to the face and a warmth to the heart.

*overall rating 4.5/5

I also received another 5 star review at Amazon:


***** Great Read, Fun Journey February 2 2009
Jenifer S (Ball Ground, GA, USA
This was such a fun book to read. The main character, Fred, has all kinds of adventures as he tries to fit into a new culture. His parents win a 2 week trip to Australia and Fred goes to stay with friends of theirs. He soon falls for a beautiful girl, Brit. Watching Fred maneuvers a new relationship and a new culture makes this book so interesting and amusing. If you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a foreign country, you will love this book. It has humor, romance and may even teach you a thing or too about the differences between England and America. This book will appeal to young adults and adults alike. I thoroughly enjoy reading about what happened "across the pond."

All in all another really good day for my Storyheart and my book Across the Pond


Storyheart
Across the Pond
http://across-t-pond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment