Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Views, Reviews and Weird News


With having to change my radio show from Wednesday to a Tuesday, my Views, Reviews and Weird News blog has moved to a Wednesday. A blog about radio show guests, some of the interviews, book reviews and some weird news from Across the Pond.

VIEWS:

Last Wednesday I had one of the most enjoyable "Book and a Chat" radio shows with X Soap star and Emmy award winner, now author Louise Shaffer. I always enjoy doing these shows but Louise and I had so much fun, even after the show ended we were still chatting on the phone.

Thursday I appeared as a guest on WXCI radio at Central CT University, as always it was fun, and the 30 minutes show which is aired over much of Southern Connecticut went great.

Saturday at the last minute my friend, writer and fellow radio show host Kim Smith stepped in at the last minute and as normal, the Kim and Barry show was a period of news views and laughter.

Monday my special blog guest was Liv from LIV READ BOOKS, again a great interview.

As mentioned I've had to move my Wednesday blog radio show to a Tuesday (softball games are now on a Wednesday) and yesterday I my guest was young writer Esteven Vega, a young man whose first book was published when he was only 15, and whom I'm sure has a fantastic future. Another enjoyable chat.


I have also just signed an option that will now allow my POD books to be sold with "bye back" which means they can now be available in "normal book stores" not just online.

REVIEWS:

Last week as I typed the blog the number of interviews rose to the big 70, hence the picture, in the last seven days this number has climbed to 75.

Here are the last five reviews...

A teen romance that finds more than one reward..., May 26, 2009

"Across the Pond" starts out by a Mom and Dad in England who aren't able to take their son "Fred" with them on their vacation and decide to send him to the USA to stay with old friends. As a trade off he is given a project to work on "word differences" to earn a game and finds while he is there that his prize may be more than a game...he sees and finds may first things including "Brit" his first love. This was an easy read and a story that keeps you interested, until the end.

A delightful read full of emotions and humour., May 23, 2009

"Across the Pond" begins with a British teenage boy going to America. Although his stay was short, it was filled with comedy, emotion, romance, suspense, and action. I couldn't put the book down as I kept wanting to know what is going to happen the characters. If yo0u have teenagers, give them this book. If you a an adult, it is time for you to remember the passion you used to have. "Across the Pond" is a rare treasure you shouldn't pass on.

Well written story that can be appreciated by all ages, May 21, 2009

Brief overview of the story: Fred from England travels to visit family friends in America, where he encounters their daughter Brit, and they start a budding romance.
I greatly enjoyed reading this book. It was an easy read, with the target audience clearly for middle/high school, yet, it still remained entertaining and had enough substance for older readers as well. I was a little skeptical at first, assuming the story would follow a cliché romance, but was pleasantly surprised at how tastefully the story was handled. Especially since it broke away from the stereotypical boy meets girl, and incorporated both different cultures and sports into the core of its plot. I would definitely recommend this book to friends and family!


What A Great Read!!!, May 21, 2009

What a wonderful book! I surprisingly read the book in one sitting as I was immediately taken by this book. It transported me back to my teenage years. This book is for both the young and the young at heart. I can not wait for the (hopefully soon to come) sequel. I would highly recommend this book!

Suprisingly Entertaining!, May 19, 2009

When I first picked up this book, I thought it was going to be another teeny-bopper book that only middle/high school females would like. Boy was I wrong! I thoroughly enjoyed the tale of a Brit, Fred, traveling to the US visiting a family friend while his parents were off in Australia. Another character in the book, Brittany, the daughter of the family friend, and Fred hit it off, first as friends, and then into a young romance.

My favo(u)rite part of the book was the differences in English (British and American.) I liked learning about the differences that I didn't know about.

Anyone and everyone should pick up this book and enjoy a great story that is humo(u)rous as well.


WEIRD NEWS:

Britain's longest living married couple have celebrated their 81st wedding anniversary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/8067752.stm

Three Year old Purchases earhdigger online
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8063769.stm

Today Wednesday May 27th ninety years ago, the Pop-up toaster was invented.


That's it for this week, more weird news next Wednesday



Author of Young Adult Romance/Fiction book
"Across the Pond"

No comments:

Post a Comment